What is physiotherapy?
What is physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a healthcare profession that assesses, diagnoses, treats, and works to prevent disease and disability through physical means.
Physiotherapists are experts in movement and function, who work in partnership with their patients, assisting them to overcome movement disorders. These movement disorders may have been present from birth, acquired through accident or injury, or the result of ageing or life-changing events.
How can physiotherapist assist in your recovery?
Physiotherapy can help you recover from injury, reduce pain, stiffness, and increase mobility.They work with you to plan the most appropriate treatment for your condition. This can include setting personal goals and treatment outcomes.
Treatment modalities and options used by our physiotherapists include the following:
- Massage: Is a great way to improve circulation and reduce pain by over-riding pain stimulus.
- Joint Mobilisation: If the issue is a stiff joint, physiotherapists can apply body pressure to get these joints moving efficiently.
- Dry Needling: Involves the use of acupuncture fine filament needles to treat myofascial trigger points to help reduce pain.
- Exercise Prescription: Physiotherapists will give you appropriate exercises to help your recovery and prevent future injuries.
- Education/Advice: Physiotherapists are trained to help you understand your injury and provide advice to speed up recovery.
A few conditions Physiotherapist treat include:
As first contact practitioners, a doctor’s referral is not necessary to see a physiotherapist. Physiotherapists work as a team with other health professionals to treat patients’ conditions.
Pivotal Motion Physiotherapy is proud to be a part of this health community for you. A Brisbane Physiotherapy clinic, Pivotal Motion is located in Newmarket, Brisbane. Call us today to make an appointment on 07 3352 5116 or book online.
Recent blog posts
How to improve lower limb injuries in kicking sportsCommon lower limb acute injuries in kicking sportsThe importance of hip adductor strength for kicking and acceleration in soccer playersThe effect of swimming and aquatic exercise on the bodyHow training gluteal muscles can improve your running